Happy Sunday!! I’ve been reading really positive reviews on the Clarisonic Mia and have always wanted to buy one. When Recreate Yourself (RY) kindly offered to let me review the Clarisonic Mia, I was so dam excited. It felt like Christmas in June haha I was stalking the mailbox everyday. I’ve been using the Clarisonic Mia for more than a month now so I thought it was time for a review.
All the Sonic Skin cleansing benefits in a one-button, single-speed, smaller size. Our smallest sonic cleansing brush, the one-button, one-speed Mia comes in a variety of colors and fits your active lifestyle, offering beautiful skin at home or on-the-go.
What the Clarisonic claims to do (per website):
- 6x more makeup removed than manual cleansing
- Deep pore cleansing reduces oily appearance
- Gentle for daily use without disrupting the skin barrier
- Improves appearance of mature skin
How to use the Clarisonic Mia:
- The Clarisonic will need to be charged for 24 hours before its first use.
- Remove your eye makeup
- I like to apply my cleanser directly to my skin, you can also put it on the damp brush head.
- Push the on/off button
- Use the Clarisonic in circular motion around the cheeks, nose and forehead. It is recommended to spend 20 sec on your forehead, 10 sec on each cheek, and 20 sec on your nose and chin.
- The brush is timed to switch off after a minute
- Wash face with water to move cleanser
The Mia is rechargeable and the charger magnetically attached to the handle. After the initial first charge, subsequent charges are 18hrs and when it’s fully charged the LED will turn solid.
The Clarisonic reminds me of an electric toothbrush, the sonic frequency helps to provide a deep cleanse within your pores loosening dirt and excess oil. The Mia comes with the sensitive brush head, but it can still be quite harsh on the skin. So if you are planning on purchasing a Clarisonic, I would recommend using a very gentle cleanser. The brush is completely waterproof, you can use it in the sink, bath or even the shower. During the first week, I used it every night. I found that my skin was ultra smooth following the cleanse. Only up until the third week, random acne starting started popping up on my right cheek. I was reading beauty blogs about how it is normal to have the “purging stage” where all the dirt and oil rises up to the surface. Ever since I started to get acne, I have reduced my usage to once every 2 to 3 days. The biggest change that I have noticed in my skin is that it is a lot smoother and my moisturiser absorbs better into my skin. Another thing I’ve noticed is that my face would get a slight stinging sensation when I used a face mask. It’s strange because using moisturiser and makeup is fine but as soon as I tried a face mask, my face would sting. I know the face mask isn’t causing the stinging because I’ve been using them for awhile. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ll be monitoring for the next few months, I’m thinking it could be because my skin isn’t used to the Mia yet.