My 5 Night Time Routines
I was pretty bored Saturday night sitting in front of my laptop, trying to think of a blog topic to write about. And yes, I don’t go out Saturday nights. I enjoy being at home with my dog haha I often wonder how people my age (people in their 30’s) party it up every weekend. If you are one of those people, tell me how you do it?? Anyway, I was thinking about a topic I could discuss and trying to avoid another product review today so I realised that I’ve never talked about my night time routine before.
This is pretty much what I do every night without a doubt:
Cleanse face & brush my teeth
Before going to bed, a must for me is facial cleansing and teeth brushing. For face cleansing, I first start off with an oil cleanser and then a foam cleanser just to make sure all my makeup is removed throughly. Right now I’m using Dermalogica Precleanse then followed by La-Roche Posay Sensi White Foam Cleanser. I dunno if it’s because I’m a bit OCD but brushing is super important to me as well. I feel like if I don’t brush, my mouth will be filled with disgusting bacteria when I wake up the following morning.
Wear my mouth splint/mouth guard
Not sure if you guys know this about me but for the last 5 to 6 years, I permanently wear a mouth splint to sleep. If you don’t know what a mouth splint is, it’s to prevent teeth grinding. I’m like the biggest teeth grinder on the face of the planet.
Use eye drops
The reason why I can’t wear contact lenses very often is because my eyes are naturally really dry. I’ve only recently started using eye drops before bed and I find that if I put some drops in before bed, my eyes feel more refreshed the following morning. My mum has been telling me to consider lasik eye surgery but the thought of my eyeball being sliced open scares the sh*t out of me.
A few sips of water before I sleep
I know some people avoid water before bed because it causes puffiness in the face but I need my liquids. The mouth splint that I wear really dries my mouth so I must have some water just before bed.
Moisturise my hands
I have a tube of hand cream on my bed side table and just before bed I like to moisturise my hands. It’s actually the best time to moisturise hands as you won’t wash it off for 7hrs+. Right now I’m using Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream, it does a pretty good job at keeping my hands nice and moisturised. This one is almost done but will definitely buy another tube.
What’s your bed time routine?
All products were purchased by me.
Happy 2016 and round-up of 2015!
Well well well… another year has come and gone. Here’s to 2016 being fabulous and awesome. I thought I’ll keep up the tradition of recapping highlights from 2015. Although my blog was a bit quiet majority of the year, I did have a couple personal accomplishments this year that I wanted to share.
Top 9 most liked photos on instagram
It’s very interesting because I’ve noticed I get wayy more likes posting photos of makeup than food or selfies. In fact with selfies, I get half the amount of likes.. it’s pretty sad really haha
Top 5 commenters on the blog
Special thanks to Doanerfide, Laura, Rachel, Norlin & Curious Charlie for being the 5 most active commenters on my blog this year… means a lot to me and words cannot express how I feel.
Traveled to Taiwan, Brazil and USA
We did some traveling this year and it’s really nice to be able to experience different cultures that each country has to offer. I haven’t written about my Brazil trip yet but you can read about Taiwan here. As always every time I head to LA, I visit my most favourite place in the world and that’s Disneyland!
Finally finished my CPA
No more studying.. I’m officially a qualified accountant!! This is probably the biggest highlight for me this year being able to finish the CPA program. I found it quite difficult to study whilst most of my friends and colleagues have finished it a few years ago. Now that it’s over and I have plenty of spare time, I’ll be working on improving my blog and provide better content.
That’s my 2015.
Thank you all for the support this year and let me know in the comment section what are your biggest achievements in 2015 and if you have any goals for 2016?
Wanna take a sneak peek in my travel bag? The Hubs and I will be heading overseas shortly to attend his friends wedding in Taiwan. So what better time to show you what’s in my bag travel edition! With travelling, it is important to bring along all the essential things, especially if you can’t speak the language there! Here’s a quick look into the items I’ve taken along with me!
In no particular order:
- Ipad: I’m bringing along my Ipad mainly for researching asian makeup and products so I know what I’ll be getting instead of looking puzzled in store.
- Tissues: Gotta carry a bunch of tissues around. You never know when you are going to need it.
- Lip balm: A must for me. As you know, I have fairly dry lips no matter how much lip balm I use.
- Water: When travelling, I always make sure I carry a bottle of water with me. Of course not on the plane but once I land, I usually stop buy a convenience store and stock up on water for the hotel room.
- Hand sanitiser: Always good to have. Sometimes you might not have access to the ladies room to wash your hands so using a hand sanitiser at least you are semi clean to eat haha
- Hand cream: For those dry hands of mine.
- Lipstick: I’m not the type of gal to be carrying a bunch of lippies with me while travelling. I just take a favourite of mine and use it for the entire trip..no ones going to notice anyway.
- Phone: Bringing my phone along so that I can call my mum and let her know I’ve arrived safely.
- Pen: This comes in handy when you have to fill in those custom declaration forms at the airport and taking notes during the trip.
- Passport: Leaving the country so have to bring it along with me.
- Purse: To carry my money and cards in.
- Mirror: I like to always have a mirror in my bag to check if I have food stuck on my face or hair. Believe it or not, it happens quite often.
- Pink pouch: To keep my passport, pen and tissues in. It’s good to have a larger pouch to keep the smaller items in there so it’s easier to find stuff.
I was super lucky and was sent the Hedgren Diamond Touch PAT backpack to use on my holiday. I was so excited when it was delivered, I was carrying it around the house (the hubs thought I was nuts).
Two things I love about Hedgren bags is how light and durable it is. Their bags have so many compartments, it’s awesome. This lovely backpack looks small but can fit quite a lot in there. The zip for the main compartment is located at the back of the bag. It’s a really smart and safe idea because I’m always paranoid that people could easily take things out of my bag without me noticing. By having the zip at the back, there is no way anyone will be able to unzip without me feeling it. One of the main reasons why I wanted to carry a backpack while travelling is because my shoulder can’t handle heavy bags. Carrying a backpack means I also have my arms free to take photos and eat lots of yummy good. I’m looking forward to taking it with me on my South American trip at the end of this year as well.
I hope you enjoyed What’s In My Bag: Travel Edition and let me know what do you carry with you while travelling?
The lovely people from Hedgren has gifted me the backpack for my overseas travel. This has not influenced my opinion because their stuff is awesome!!